Broken or missing teeth can impact your health and your self-esteem. Daily tasks can become nearly impossible. Chewing can become painful, and you may have to limit your diet. You may have trouble with normal speaking patterns, and you will probably lose much of your desire to smile and laugh.
Don’t let your health, comfort, or confidence suffer any longer! Missing or worn down teeth are an easy fix when you come see the experienced and knowledgeable Dr. Farrell. Our team can restore the function and appearance of your smile with one simple procedure.
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over the visible portion of a damaged tooth. Your dental crown will be made with the most appealing and durable materials and will be designed to blend in with the rest of your healthy smile.
Dental crowns can conceal a wide variety of smile errors, including:
- Misshapen teeth
- Worn down teeth
If your smile is suffering from decay, disease, or physical trauma, dental crowns will restore your smile and protect it from future damage. To receive your crown:
- Dr. Farrell will examine your teeth and take x-rays of the damaged tooth.
- Your dentist will prepare the damaged tooth by removing the damage along with a small portion of natural enamel.
- Dr. Farrell will take impressions of the teeth and send them to a lab.
- The lab will fabricate your customized crown and send them back to the office.
- You can return to the office for the placement of your permanent porcelain crown.
If you are missing even one tooth, you may be at risk of:
- Shift of the remaining teeth, leading to a crooked smile
- Increased risk of tooth decay and gum disease
- Stress on the teeth and jaw joints, resulting in pain while chewing and headaches
You can replace your missing tooth or teeth right away with a beautiful dental bridge. A dental bridge is a restoration that uses porcelain crowns attached to natural teeth on either side of the gap. The pontic is the replacement tooth or teeth that lies between the crowns and fills in the gap.
After just a few brief visits, you can enjoy a brand new smile, thanks to your durable dental bridge. While you wait for our high-tech lab to fashion your dental bridge, Dr. Farrell will provide you with a temporary bridge. After the placement of your permanent bridge, you will be able to smile, eat, and speak properly again!
At our practice, you can choose between traditional crowns and bridges or implant supported crowns and bridges. Dr. Farrell will take a look at your teeth and help you decide which option is right for you!
We hope to hear from you very soon. Give us a call today.